Monday, October 25, 2010

not alone

I'm so glad I am not alone. This weekend felt like I was alone in all sorts of things like,
  • Managing my students bathroom breaks
  • Grading mountains of lab notebooks.
  • Dressing like I actually have this job
  • Trying to find the clothing to dress for this job
  • Reviewing things that kids say "yes we learned that" for a full quarter
  • Realizing that I still have to go over it because, no, they don't know it
  • Planning lessons that have no umph, but need to be done
Thank goodness. Somehow I manage to chat with a sister, a climbing friend, and a new teacher friend that made me realize, yes, I need to review that much and no one would think lesser of me because of it. Yes, managing kids may be the hardest part especially if they are special needs in a mainstream classroom. Yes, everyone may be on the eternal search for that perfect pair of shoes that you can stand in all day but are not just Chaco sandals. It should be all ok if I'm ok with it. 
Just like this guy. Except maybe he's
never texted and poopyed at the same
time before.

Anyway, I will have to attribute the regression of my students to the summer break. I'm sure that everyone can think back to the first few days back from summer break when you are trying to write but your hand just doesn't seem to remember how. That happened every single summer. I would never hand write in the summer and my hand would just be awkward at it. See, my students are just awkward at being students right now. I'll just train them right :)

No comments: