Friday, January 7, 2011

Signing my life away.

Great news! When I started the year, I signed a 1 year contract stating that I would teach 0.6 fte for just one year. Since then, I've been bumped to 0.8 fte and signed up to teach IB biology. Today, I found out that my contract is being extended. So instead of teaching for just 1 year, my contract will continue on to the next year! It's a good thing!

Aside from converting to a continuing contract, I have to share a rose and a thorn.

Thorn- 2nd period was awful. Unfocused, loud and annoying.

Rose- I told my 3rd period that I was frustrated by the class before them and that I needed to cool off. They listened and were great! This is such a gift because I was really concerned about my ability to direct and teach such a rowdy 3rd period but they get me. It was just a great feeling that I put in some work and they turned themselves around. Ahhhh... at least something was redeeming today.

1 comment:

Da said...

horray! congrats on the extended contract!