Sunday, February 6, 2011

Relief from it all

I had this looming headache all weekend because I was constantly thinking about what to do next in class. Gravity is not my favorite thing to teach and I also was not able to create a good Big Idea from it. Though I figured out most of my week today, I still had the aching over my eyebrows.

Thank goodness for route setting. I am setting for the annual climbing competition again and the as soon as I went to the gym and climbed around a bit, all the thoughts weighing me down dissipated. I know it seems crazy to teach and route set but having the balance in my life is amazingly nice. In many ways the gym is like school. Lots of teasing, crudeness, and chaos. But, I also get to be creative, do full body physical work, and be completely selfish.

It's such a blessing but it is also making me very sore. Yes, there is such a calender. Plus, I think more women should set so that I can climb girly routes.

2 comments:

Teeny said...

kimbo, did you set today?! I saw andy when i was running on the track but forgot to say hi by the time i was done.

Earthquake K said...

Yea! I'll be there tonight too. Come in and visit. The door is not locked.