Saturday, May 21, 2011

Up in the world...

...low on the energy...

So much has happened. I got my contract for next year and it states that I will be 1.0 fte instead of 0.8 fte. Woo-hoo! That means I get to teach 1 more class and get paid that much more as well. Tentatively, I will be teaching 3 periods of IB biology and 2 periods of 9th grade science. It's exciting to have the IB students because I suspect they are more willing to learn and work hard. It's scary too because that means a new class to teach with less prep time. There is also a lot of paperwork and requirements to the IB class but I guess that I will know more once I attend the conference in June.

I was also recommended for 2 different programs by 2 different people. A counselor suggested me for a program that mentors students through the college application process. A college prof suggested me for an summer teaching program that focuses on accelerating youth in high-need areas of the city. So many opportunities are coming my way. All of which I would love to do except that I need to chill out. I love being at school but I'm starting to feel the weight of the stress as the kiddies steady lose their focus to the sun.

"World, can you just keep these fantastic teaching opportunities on hold until next year? I need to rest."

No comments: