Sunday, March 20, 2011

More facebook

So the facebook conversation continues. I have a class website for my students that includes a calendar, warm ups, assignments, etc. Well, I really get the feeling that no student ever checks it. They always ask "what's my grade?" "what assignments am I missing?" " what is this assignment?" when clearly it is found online. Well, getting back to fb. As we are talking about fb on a different day, a student has an Ah-Ha moment.

Student: omg, can I make you a fb page and you can list all the classwork and due dates and stuff?!
Me: uh, yea, I think I have that. You know, its called my class website.

Wow, possibly confirmation that kids still don't use it :(

The silver lining: when I vent about this to the academic support teachers, they say they use it with kids all the time. Thank goodness for the sanity of other teachers!

No comments: